How to create an extra pc workstation at home?
To create an extra pc workstation with your home desktop PC or laptop you need to do the following:
- Activate your home desktop pc or laptop
- Download and install the Virtualization software “Virtualbox”; This software allows your home desktop PC or laptop to be the host computer with which you can create and run one or more virtual pc’s.
- Create a “virtual machine” within Virtualbox (Windows, OSX or Linux).
- Start up the “virtual machine”. You now have two computers running on one.
- Download and install Remote desktop software like Splashtop on the “virtual machine” and on your tablet. The Remote desktop software gives you access to the remote computer.
- Download and Install the D2O receiver software on the “virtual machine”.
- Start the Remote Desktop App on your tablet
- Set up The Sphinx and connect the cables and the mouse and keyboard.
Now you created an extra pc workstation in your home!
You can also have a look at this video!